https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3260817Sep 25, 2017 - In June 2009, the American Institute in Taiwan (AIT) publicly announced that it had selected a site and begun development on a new location in ...
|Isaac Lawrence for The New York Times|
|• Burkina Faso. An airline website. A T-shirt. No target is too small as China steps up pressure on Taiwan, the self-governing island it claims.|
|In recent weeks, Delta apologized for causing China “emotional damage” by listing Taiwan as a separate entity on its website. The Gap pulled a T-shirt that omitted Taiwan from a map of China, adding that it “respects the sovereignty and territorial integrity of China.” And the African country of Burkina Faso severed ties with Taiwan, which now has diplomatic relations with just 17 countries.|
|But the attacks could backfire, by making more Taiwanese adamant about their separateness, and a former president, Lee Teng-hui, is pushing for a referendum to explicitly name the island Taiwan, rather than the Republic of China. Above, a monument to Taiwan’s founder, Chiang Kai-shek, in Taipei, Taiwan.|
AIT 新大樓；紐約時報的台灣新聞 Burkina Faso. An airline website. A T-shirt.
Links of Hanching Chung
- 謝緯紀念營地 埔里鯉魚潭
- 「叛逆」世界盃（”rebel" world cup）
- AIT 新大樓；紐約時報的台灣新聞 Burkina Faso. An airline website...
- The Lake District,
- Poems of New York
- This 170-year-old guesthouse and restaurant in Swi...
- The San José, the ‘Holy Grail of shipwrecks.’
- Mount Everest's Hillary Step 化天險
- Spratly Islands
- Amaravati, the New Capital of Andhra Pradesh
- Wall Street Is Moving, and It's Reshaping New York...
- 柏林 "Unter den Linden" ("under the linden trees")
- Windsor Castle
- Suicide attack targets police after Surabaya famil...
- 缅北武装冲突榴弹落入中国境内 中方向缅甸提出抗议
- Exposition Universelle (1889)
- Israel must answer for the deaths in Gaza 以色列的行徑...
- Camille Pissarro, "Place du Carrousel, Paris," 190...
- 宜蘭 壯圍沙丘
- ▼ 五月 (22)
- ► 2017 (337)
- ► 2016 (496)
- ► 2015 (939)
- ► 2014 (950)
- ► 2013 (281)
- ► 2012 (149)
- ► 2011 (142)
- ► 2010 (63)
- ► 2009 (81)
- ► 2008 (146)