"When the [Nagasaki] bomb went off, a flier on another mission 250 miles away saw a huge ball of fiery yellow erupt. Others, nearer at hand, saw a big mushroom of dust and smoke billow darkly up to 20,000 feet, and then the same detached floating head as at Hiroshima. Twelve hours later Nagasaki was a mass of flame, palled by acrid smoke, its pyre still visible to pilots 200 miles away. The bombers reported that black smoke had shot up like a tremendous, ugly waterspout. With grim satisfaction, [physicists] declared that the 'improved' second atomic bomb had already made the first one obsolete." — From the article, "War's Ending," LIFE magazine, 8/20/1945. Pictured here is a head of Christ in front of a destroyed Cathedral 2 miles from where the US dropped an atomic bomb. (Bernard Hoffman/The LIFE Picture Collection/Getty Images)
Links of Hanching Chung
- 非洲移民欣徑 西班牙卡迪斯（Cadiz）的海灘
- Berenice Abbott, Changing New York:"Vanderbilt Ave...
- Handsome Her cafe, Brunswick, Victoria
- Paphos, Cyprus
- Kathmandu, "Doors of Kathmandu"
- Luang Prabang, Laos.
- Pictured here is a head of Christ in front of a de...
- Guam 關島
- 清邁 Bamboo Sports Hall for Panyaden International S...
- 30.4 米糕的關羽像遭抗議 ( Kwan Sing Bio Temple in Tuban, Ea...
- The Thai Canal, Kra Canal project
- Once Upon A Time In Paris
- Princeton University has a wildflower field
- Route des vins d’Alsace
- Cambodia, Myanmar discuss joint promotion of Angko...
- 【西班牙生活 ～ 準時下班】(認識西班牙 ～ 跟著官方導遊走！)
- 水城威尼斯被「低質量旅遊」淹沒 Venice, Invaded by Tourists, Risks...
- Why There's a Homeless Camp in the Heart of Sydney...
- 鳥取県； 鳥取，遊客罕至的「日本撒哈拉」
- ▼ 八月 (23)
- ► 2016 (510)
- ► 2015 (946)
- ► 2014 (955)
- ► 2013 (281)
- ► 2012 (149)
- ► 2011 (142)
- ► 2010 (63)
- ► 2009 (81)
- ► 2008 (146)